FlexPDE is an evolving product.
It is also a complex product. The addition of
new features and the repair of errors occasion the release
of new versions at frequent intervals. In this section we
present a brief history of the changes made in FlexPDE. The
most recent version is listed first, followed by
increasingly older versions. FlexPDE
version numbers encode the
Click here to go to the download page.
Version 8.00 12/01/23
FlexPDE Version 8 is a major rewrite of the FlexPDE application.
Among the new features in the initial release of FlexPDE version 8 are:
- Enhanced Internet Licensing Options - Auto-release option, multi-seat option, online access/management to license state.
- OpenGL plots - New selectors for mesh, contour, and surface plots using OpenGL.
- Moving Mesh Reconnect - Automatic mesh reconnection for moving meshes maintains uniform cells.
- Rotational Extrusion - Extrude in radial angle instead of in Z. Makes conversion of 2D cylindrical models to 3D a snap!
- Complex Eigenvalues - Solve models that produce complex eigenvalue solutions.
- Explicit Variables - Set any variable to an explicit expression in specific regions.
- SVG Graphics Export - Export any plot in Scalable Vector Graphics format.
- Generalized Periodicity - Periodic Map now allows variable exchange. Great for exchanging vector components.
- More Hyperbolic Functions - Addition of COTH, SECH, and CSCH hyperbolic functions.
- New Distance Function - Edge distance function to calculate the distance along a named path.
- New Utility Functions - New pseudo FLOOR and CEILING functions as alternatives to Max and Min, that provide a continuous derivative.
- Many Internal Improvements - Improved TRANSFER file format, improved error measure, improved parameter/equation
summaries in debug file, and improved diagnostics for discontinuous Jacobians interfering with Newton convergence.