Windows installation is controlled by an interactive program that lets you choose the directory into which you wish to install.
When you download the installation file from the internet you will receive a file with a name resembling fpde600wintel.exe or fpde600wintel64.exe
- The "600" might be replaced by another number, such as "612". This is the version number of the release.
- The "wintel64" indicates that the release is for a 64-bit Windows operating system.
To install :
- Start Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where the downloaded file has been placed.
- Double-click on the installation file.
- The interactive installation program will start.
- Follow the directions on the screen.
The Installation program will place an icon for FlexPDE6 on your desktop, and also make an entry in the "start" list.
You can subsequently invoke FlexPDE6 by clicking the icon, by locating FlexPDE6 in the "start" list, or by double-clicking on any .pde file in Windows Explorer.
- Installation of FlexPDE usually requires administrator priveleges.
- If you have installed FlexPDE in an administrator folder, you should copy the example problems in the Samples and Backstrom_Books folders to writable folders before running them.
- Installation of FlexPDE automatically associates the .pde file extension with the installed program. You can restore a previous version association from Windows Explorer by clicking "Tools | Folder Options | File Types" and locating .PDE in the list. Other versions of Windows have similar facilities.
Licensed use of FlexPDE6 Professional Version relies on a hardware
license device, or dongle. Before the license
dongle can be recognized on any computer, you must install
the dongle driver.
The dongle installation program is located on your CD, or can be downloaded from http://www.pdesolutions.com/sdmenu6.html. Once the dongle driver is installed, you can upgrade versions of FlexPDE without reinstalling the dongle driver.