FlexPDE is an evolving product.
It is also a complex product. The addition of
new features and the repair of errors occasion the release
of new versions at frequent intervals. In this section we
present a brief history of the changes made in FlexPDE. The
most recent version is listed first, followed by
increasingly older versions. FlexPDE
version numbers encode the
Click here to go to the download page.
Version 7.03 03/21/17
- Corrects an error in curved CONTACT boundaries.
- Corrects an error in PLOTS with INACTIVE variables present.
- Corrects handling of the ATAN2V6 function.
- Corrects the treatment of file names with extended characters like umalut.
- Corrects the drag-drop or open-with behavior for non-pde files.
- Corrects the -M command line switch.
- Corrects the handling of parse errors generated in #INCLUDE files.
- Miscellaneous changes to the preconditioner and matrix processing.
Version 7.02 03/06/17
- Release Linux beta version.
- Miscellaneous modifications in windowing system to support Linux.
- Reinstate NetCDF export functionality.
- Corrects and error in moving blocks of text in the script editor.
- Corrects an error in opening files with extended characters in the file name.
- Add selectors BOLD, ITALIC, SANSERIF, and SERIF to control fonts on output PLOTS.
Version 7.01 02/14/17
- Allow JUMP statements in PLOTS and SUMMARYs.
- Corrects an error in mesh refinement at curved boundaries, particularly at JUMP and PERIODIC boundaries.
- Corrects handling of continuous variables at boundaries where other variables have a CONTACT boundary condition.
- Improved diagnostic testing of saved mesh imports when domain conditions change.
- Corrects handling of element-by-element matrix division and matrix inversion.
- Corrects handling of Complex Magnitude (CABS function).
- Corrects handling of implicitly coupled VALUE boundary conditions.
- Improves convergence of start-up solver in nonlinear time-dependent problems.
- Modifies nonlinear convergence parameters.
- Corrects an error in the Find dialog where the cursor position was not properly set.
- Corrects various internal errors with undefined effects.
Version 7.00 01/01/17
FlexPDE Version 7 is a major rewrite of the FlexPDE application.
Among the new features in the initial release of FlexPDE version 7 are:
- Heirarchical Basis - New heirarchical FEM basis functions improve matrix conditioning, especially in cubic models. The default approximation order is now cubic.
- Optimization - Built-in parameter optimizer.
- OBJ Mesh Import - Use a CAD program to create more diverse shapes and import the bounding mesh.
- Material Sets - User defined sets of material properties simplifies script writing.
- Boundary Condition Sets - User defined sets of boundary conditions simplifies script writing.
- Implicit Boundary Curves - Use an arbitrary expression to form a curved boundary path in two dimensions.
- Multidimensional Periodicity - Can have periodic boundaries in more than one direction without breaking boundary paths.
- Interactive Plot Zoom - Zoom in on plots without the need to request a special plot.
- Extended Preferences Panel - All major settings located in a convenient preference panel.
- Automatic Mesh Output - Automatic export of initial and final problem meshes makes re-running and post-processing easier.
- Automatic Mesh Input - Automatic import of previously constructed mesh speeds re-running.
- New Dongle Vendor - CodeMeter dongles are more flexible and cost effective, and allow both local and network configuration with the same dongle.