Here are some of the new features in version 7 :
- CAD Mesh Import - Import a bounding mesh created in a CAD program (OBJ format).
- Optimization - Built-in parameter optimizer.
- General boundary shapes - Create boundary paths using implicit algebraic equations.
- Interactive Plot Zoom - Zoom in on plots without the need to request a special plot.
- Material Sets - User-defined groups of material properties simplify script writing.
- Boundary Condition Sets - User-defined groups of boundary conditions simplify script writing.
- Multidirectional Periodicity - Support for periodic boundaries in more than one direction at corners.
- Extended Preferences Panel - All major settings located in a convenient preference panel.
- Automatic Mesh Output - Easier post-processing with automatic mesh transfer output.
- Automatic Mesh Input - Faster restarts by importing previous mesh when possible.
- Simplified Stop&Restart - Simplified commands for restarting from mesh transfer files.
- Heirarchical Basis - New heirarchical FEM basis functions improve matrix conditioning.
- New Dongle Vendor - Wibu-Systems dongles provide more flexibility and cost effectiveness.
Sample Version 7 Screen Shot of CAD Import :